2019 Holiday Blog Tour – Nicola Cameron
Hello darlings, and let me send a big shout out to Cameron Allie for organizing this wonderful blog tour! Today I’ll be giving away copies of my Olympic Cove series (Storm Season, Breaker Zone, and Deep Water) as part of the festivities, so don’t forget to leave a comment here or on Cameron’s blog and tell me what’s your favorite thing about the holidays!
- What is your favourite Christmas song?
All I Want For Christmas Is You
- What food do you most look forward to over the holidays?
Proper homemade fruitcake, soaked in dark rum – it’s delicious!
- Do you have a holiday beverage you like? Alcoholic or non-alcoholic?
My mom used to make an alcoholic holiday liqueur called glögg — we used to call it Swedish Rocket Fuel. My BIL had a big glass of it and wound up sleeping through Christmas. As for non-alcoholic bevvies, eggnog is always a favorite.
- Is there a book you like reading at this time of year?
No, but I do like listening to the Patrick Stewart version of A CHRISTMAS CAROL while I’m cleaning.
- Do you participate in Boxing Day shopping? Is Boxing Day a tradition in your country?
The husband is English so I know what Boxing Day is, but we don’t really have it in the States.
- Do you get your shopping done in advance or leave it to the last minute?
I try to get it done in advance – that way I can focus on trying to finish up projects before the end of the year.
- What’s your favourite Christmas movie?
- When do you decorate your house?
It depends – sometimes it’s the day after Thanksgiving, but last year was insanely busy and I didn’t decorate the house until a few days before Christmas, and that was only at the husband’s prodding.
- When you were a child what was the best Christmas gift you remember receiving?
A Barbie Dream House. That was awesome.
- Is there a unique holiday tradition your family keeps?
- When do you open Christmas presents?
- What’s your favourite outdoor winter activity? If it doesn’t snow where you live what makes it feel like Christmas to you?
I live in northern Texas so we don’t get a lot of snow. Favorite outdoor winter activity is raking the leaves.