These content advisories are offered for readers who want or need to avoid distressing content. Examples include physical or sexual assault, domestic violence, pregnancy loss, character death, PTSD, child abuse, and other kinds of trauma.
Content advisories may be spoilers.
Ex-Marine Zach Mayhew is willing to do anything for his dying grandmother, even find a fairy ring and beg that she be allowed to spend her last days in Faerie. But when a gorgeous Sidhe noble demands a night in his bed in return, Zach learns that a boon asked by moonlight can have unexpected consequences for his heart.
- Cancer (mentioned on page).
- Zach is required to have sex with a Sidhe noble in return for his grandmother living in Faerie.
Bad Alpha: Manlove Edition (“Bully Boys”)
Shifters so ruthless they will stop at nothing to protect their pack, these Bad Alphas are dangerous men with an animal side that rivals their human fierceness. Feared, inked, they take what they want, never give in to their enemies, and think love is for the weak—until they meet their mate. Are you ready to learn how to tame a savage heart?
When Victorian solicitor Arthur Finter is forced to cut down a dangerous London alley after work, he stumbles upon pit bull shifter Alpha Gunner Jones in the middle of a dogfight with a rival shifter pack. The hardnosed bully boy scents Arthur and recognizes him as his mate, but will events orchestrated by the other pack separate them before Gunner can lay final claim?
- Kidnapping and dubious consent WRT sexual touch.
- Threat of rape and forced impregnation
- A minor character is killed.
In the hedonistic wonderland of Cabaret-era Berlin…
…where money can buy you anything you desire…
…and love comes with a pink rose and a practiced smile…
The year is 1923, the Great War is over, and Berlin has become the manic playground of Europe’s elite. Against a glittering background of nightclubs and hot jazz, a sensual American heiress, a wounded playboy, and a desperate German army officer forge a decadent pact of pleasure. But their nights of uninhibited passion soon lead to a forbidden emotional connection, one that will threaten their future … and their lives.
- Kat’s brother and Sam’s lover died in WWI.
- Sam has lost his lower leg due to gangrene.
- Both Sam and Friedrich suffer from PTSD.
- Friedrich is forced to become a prostitute to support his sister-in-law and nephew.
- Friedrich’s brother was murdered by a gang.
- Friedrich’s sister-in-law was raped while pregnant, triggering an early delivery.
- A minor character attempts to sexually assault Friedrich.
- Two minor characters are murdered on page.
When Dr. Nick Gardiner goes on the run from a psychotic ex and ends up at Olympic Cove, the last thing he expects to find is his friend Ian living with two redheaded demigods and learning how to be a storm god. Adding to the confusion is a wounded merman named Aidan who washes up in the cove, requiring Nick’s professional help. As it turns out, the handsome mer and his partner Liam have other plans for the ER doctor — to claim him as their agapetos, their destined mate, and fulfill his need to submit.
A chance encounter at a local junk shop reveals that Nick has his own role to play in the battle against the insane Nereid Thetis. Under the reluctant mentorship of the centaur Chiron, Nick must master the use of the Rod of Asclepius if he wants to rescue his mates from a ghastly fate and help Ian save the planet.
- Nick is abused by his former partner/dom, and is forced to flee to Florida.
- Liam attacks Nick before he finds out Nick is having a consensual scene with Aidan.
- Nick’s former partner/dom captures and tortures Liam.
- Minor character sacrifices her life to defy Thetis.
Poseidon, God of the Sea, has spent millennia alone due to a single terrible act. His consort Amphitrite has sworn never to forgive him, and he’s forced to live with the knowledge that he drove an innocent girl to her doom.
But when one of the Olympic Cove cottages gets an occupant with an all-too-familiar soul, Poseidon discovers that the Fates have given him a second chance. Now he must try to right the wrongs of the past and win back both his beloved consort and the mate he betrayed.
Assuming, of course, that the Mad Nereid Thetis doesn’t interfere…
- Griffin has Stage IV glioblastoma (brain cancer).
- Poseidon has a history of cheating on Amphitrite with multiple partners.
- Amphitrite cheats on Poseidon with Medusa (although she plans on introducing Medusa as their third mate once Medusa becomes accustomed to the idea).
- Poseidon rapes Medusa while drunk (shown on page).
- Griffin is speared and almost dies.
- Thetis captures a human residence and kills all of the residents apart from one who is turned into a slave.
A perfect society hiding a terrible secret. An innocent man condemned to cyborg slavery. A brilliant woman determined to set him free.
Freelance tech Evie Contreras belongs to the Employee class of the Pacifica Protectorate, the “perfect society” that rose from the ruins of the West Coast. But Evie knows about Pacifica’s festering core and the secrets that keep it in power. And when she discovers that Pacifica has turned her fiancé Ben into a cyborg slave, she will risk everything to rescue him.
Saving Ben is the first step in a deadly game between Pacifica and a shadowy resistance group known as Rubicon. In return for Rubicon’s help, Evie must retrieve a hidden artificial intelligence that may hold the key to protecting Earth from a deadly new disaster.
Assuming the protectorate doesn’t find Evie first…
- Evie believes Ben has died and has to give up college to adopt and protect his daughter Ally.
- Ben is kidnapped by the Pacifica Protectorate, put under mind control, and turned into a cyborg without permission.
- Evie is pressured into having sex with the nephew of her employer/mentor.
- Non-consensual sex (Evie finds Ben while he’s still under mind control. He tries to seduce her and she allows him to manually stimulate her).
- A minor character is murdered.
- Evie’s employer’s nephew tries to kidnap her as a sex slave.
- A character tries to force Ben to choose between rape and murder for Evie and Ally (event does not occur).
A king who must offer himself as royal consort to fulfill a treaty. A young queen and mage, unexpectedly married to the man she’s loved since childhood. Two countries, divided by geography and united by a political marriage, are poised on the brink of a golden age. But will vicious magic and unexpected betrayal tear both the royal couple and their kingdoms apart?
When King Matthias of Ypres has to fulfill a treaty and provide a royal consort for young Queen Danäe of Hellas, the only royal available for marriage is … him. Can he risk letting a blue-haired witch queen into his heart?
From political necessity, Queen Danäe finds herself marrying the man she secretly loves. Now she must win the heart of a king, prove herself as a mage, and defeat the enemies that threaten them both.
- Content Warning
- Child Abuse
- Deceased Wife
- Sexual Assault (past event recalled)
- Sexual Harassment
Ellen Novak is a scholarship student who’s tired of living hand to mouth. She just wants to get her college degree and start her life. The only thing she’ll miss about college is the gorgeous, if prickly, Professor Alexander Cord.
Alex Cord is an English professor who hides his loneliness and secret grief behind an arrogant facade. The terror of his department, he’s disliked by almost every student on campus — except Ellen.
School rules have kept them at arm’s length all year long. But on the last night of Ellen’s college career, the two of them risk everything to find out if their mutual attraction is more than a classroom crush.
- Alex’s wife and infant daughter die during childbirth (past event, not shown on page).
- Ellen’s parents died when Ellen was a child. She was taken in by her grandmother (past event, not shown on page).
- Ellen’s grandmother died in Ellen’s senior year of high school (past event, not shown on page).
- Ellen is tricked into believing that she’s going to prom by a classmate, who then ditches her (past event, not shown on page).
HIS: Manlove Edition (“In His Name”)
Strength. Power. Experience. There’s nothing like a man who knows how to get what he wants, both in and out of the bedroom. And these dominant alphas want nothing more than to please and possess the men they love. No kink is too risqué as these men ensure their lovers never want to be anywhere but under their command. Come and find out how good it feels to be HIS.
After his late-blooming sexuality prompts a crisis of faith, Father Sean Halloran is placed on sabbatical to reconsider his vocation. Taking a job at a homeless shelter, Sean is determined to rededicate himself to celibacy and return to the priesthood. But Matt McCormick, the authoritative shelter manager, has begun to haunt Sean’s dreams and challenge his ideas of what it means to serve God. Now, Sean must choose between a life of celibate service, or the possibility of love with another man.
- Sean was orphaned as a child.
- Matt is distanced from his family due to his refusal to work in the family business.
- Two minor characters fight with a knife, and Matt is injured as a result.
Love was never supposed to be part of the deal…
Lady Amelie de Clerq’s prickly demeanor and earth mage abilities have earned her the nickname “Lady of Thorns,” keeping potential suitors at bay and making her the butt of the nobility’s jokes. Determined to attract a husband who will love her for herself rather than her fortune, she decides to embark on a journey of sensual self-discovery.
Alain LaPorte, wily lawyer and toast of the capital’s social set, has been summoned to Lierdhe to oversee business negotiations with a neighboring earl. When Amelie asks Alain to tutor her in the bedroom arts, he agrees to introduce the virgin mage to pleasure. But lessons in lovemaking soon turn into a matter of the heart, forcing both Amelie and Alain to confront their fears about intimacy, loyalty, and love.
- Running conflict between Amelie and her mother.
- Amelie has persistent feelings of physical inadequacy due to comments from various people.
- Amelie, Alain, and another character are endangered while fighting a forest fire.
Lawless (“Gentleman Jackson”)
Meet the hardcore heroes of Lawless! They’re fearless, dangerous, big on revenge, and defiantly walk on the wrong side of the law. Although their morals may be compromised, their loyalty to that one woman is never in question.
When Louisiana hitman Colton Jackson accepts a contract on a Dallas lawyer, things are complicated by witness Ria Guzman. It doesn’t help that Ria is gorgeous and the younger sister of the most powerful gang leader in the US. The only thing a gentleman hitman can do is take her into his own form of “protective custody” – and try to keep her alive.
- Colton kills two minor characters.
- Ria is kidnapped by Colton and assumes he is going to kill her.
- Colton is attacked by a minor character.
Kidnapping, poison, and sex — oh, my!
Spring has sprung in the island kingdom of Hellas, but with no signs of an occupant for the royal nursery Queen Danaë is starting to worry about her own fertility. Her concerns aren’t helped by the arrival of the legendarily conniving Dowager Queen Atilia of Illium–or the woman’s handsome grandson Prince Marcus, on the run after being accused of poisoning his older brother.
In the neighboring kingdom of Ypres, Danaë’s royal husband Matthias is dealing with dangerous family politics and a wolfish duke who has kidnapped a young noblewoman for immoral purposes. Or has he? Can Matthias ward off the threat of civil war, outwit his relatives, and deal with a charming rival in his wife’s own palace?
- Physical Assault
- Sexual Harassment
Hunky grad student Kellen Fox is screwed, and not in the good way. Forced by his horndog employer to finish a museum exhibit in a single night (or else), he stumbles across a spell hidden in a carved scarab. Little does he know that reading the spell aloud will summon the gorgeous 17th Dynasty pharaoh Senekenre from ancient Egypt.
As it turns out, Kel is the only one who can help Senekenre with a delicate problem regarding his ability to sire an heir. Kel’s more than happy to lend a hand (among other things), but rendering this assistance may well change Kel’s life forever.
- Sexual Harassment.
While hunting raiders, Duncan Shea and other members of the New Black Watch run into a deadly ambush. Injured and alone, Duncan stumbles across a grounded shuttle carrying an Alphan warrior named Taric and a mysterious Xyran named Zhan. The handsome aliens agree to help Duncan, but he quickly learns they also have a plan of their own — to claim him as their mate.
Forced to hide their bond from their respective governments, Taric and Zhan never expect to find their third bondmate while on an unauthorized mission to stop a vicious Xyran slave master. Neither of them can resist the urge to claim Duncan, but will their new mate help them catch their old foe, or turn them over to Earth — and Alphan — justice?
- Minor characters die in an ambush.
- Non-consensual sex scene.
- Zhan recounts the death of his nanny (past event, recalled).
- Duncan is tortured by a slavemaster.
It’s Frostfair time in Ypres, but not everyone is looking forward to the winter holiday. Army captain Duncan Bardahlson has been dispatched to the tiny province of Wellen mere days before Frostfair to track down a legendary bandit known as the Redbird. As if that wasn’t bad enough, Duncan also has to deal with Roberta “Robin” Busse, the widowed countess of Wellen and his long-lost love.
When Duncan learns that Robin and her young son Charlie are in desperate straits, the hunt for the Redbird takes an unexpected turn. An overbearing tax collector, an impish priest, a very large pig, and a pair of bickering younger brothers all promise to make this holiday season a nightmare for Duncan — unless he can rekindle his romance with Robin.
And find the Redbird, of course. But Duncan isn’t called the Huntsman for nothing…
- Robin was married to an abusive husband who died in an unexplained accident (unrelated to her).
- Robin is being financially pressured to marry the tax collector.
- Duncan is attacked and knocked out.
- Fight scene where minor characters are killed.
- Robin is briefly held hostage at knifepoint by the tax collector.
Cougar shifter Denise Elgin is a single mom who just wants a quiet life. But when tiger shifter/FBI agent Marco Santos shows up in her back yard asking for help, Denise winds up involved in the federal takedown of a drug cartel kingpin.
Marco can’t stop thinking about the beautiful cougar shifter he met after he escaped from Hector Elizardo, aka the Jaguar. He knows his growing attraction to Denise could put both her and her daughter in danger, forcing him to ignore the growing mating link with Denise. But when the Elizardo cartel strikes back, Marco must use all of his skills, both tiger and human, to protect the female he loves.
- Child Endangerment
- Physical Assault
Laurie wants a news story. Caleb just wants to be left alone. But when the coyote shifters’ paths cross in New Mexico’s Sandia Mountains, Fate steps in and gives them something they never expected—each other.
Reporter Laurie Rivera is on the trail of a white slavery ring when she’s forced to run for her life in the foothills near Sandia Crest. Widowed sheriff and Alpha coyote shifter Caleb Lynch comes across the exhausted reporter and discovers to his shock that Laurie’s also a coyote shifter—and his new heart’s mate.
But Caleb never expected to have another chance at love, and Laurie has a good reason to fear being claimed, especially by an Alpha. As a snowstorm traps them in the sheriff’s cabin, Caleb must find a way around the barriers surrounding Laurie’s heart, and Laurie has to confront her past—and the humans who want her dead—if she wants a chance at her very own “happily ever after.”
- Caleb’s wife/mate is killed in an accident (past event recalled).
- Laurie is estranged from her family due to pressure to marry their Alpha’s son (past event recalled).
- Laurie is chased into the woods by men with rifles.
- Homeless women are kidnapped, addicted to drugs, and forced to work as prostitutes.
- Caleb is targeted by a minor character and Laurie attacks the character to defend Caleb.
When armed lowlifes and a snowstorm in the Sandia Mountains strand photojournalist Gavin Leeds in Mike Ivanov’s cabin, the newshound gets the shock of his life. Not only is his sexy rescuer an Alpha bear shifter, but Mike also believes that Gavin is his destined heart’s mate. Some hot and dirty sex with a hunky shifter is one thing, but Gavin doesn’t believe in fated mates or happily ever afters.
Mike Ivanov has enough problems with his pack as it is; they’re not thrilled that he won’t be siring the next Alpha, and now he has to answer a challenge from one of his pack members. Having his heart’s mate show up on the same night doesn’t help. Finding out that his mate is a snarky, rebellious human with a commitment problem and an ass he wants to bite?
Nobody ever said an Alpha’s life was going to be easy.
- Physical Assault
Can a lone wolf woo and win his very own kitty girl, or will he get turned into cougar chow?
Jack Hawthorne is an Alpha wolf shifter and former SEAL who lost the leadership of his pack while serving his country. Kate Chandler is a cougar shifter with no sense of smell and a deep-seated distrust of fated mates. When these two are thrown together at the Cougar Ridge Ski Resort in Esposito County, NM, Jack realizes that the sharp-witted, beautiful female is his heart’s mate. But her injury means she can’t smell the truth, and her father (and Jack’s former commanding officer) has made it clear that Kate is off limits.
Now, Jack has to convince Kate that they’re meant for each other, win her father’s approval, and get the local wolf pack to accept him. But as every SEAL knows, the only easy day was yesterday.
- Kate’s mother abandoned her father and her to go live with her heart’s mate.
- Kate has a skiing accident that destroys her ability to smell.
- A three-year-old girl is lost in the woods and is in danger of falling off an icy cliff.
Rory MacLellan, aka the Highlander, is one of the most successful interstellar art thieves in the Known Worlds. Dmitri Grigoryev was an up-and-coming exoarchaeologist until a deadly dig left his career in tatters.
Thrown together by accident and with interstellar police on their tail, Rory and Dmitri reluctantly join forces for a major heist. But will their simmering attraction get in the way, or prove that they were meant to be together?
- Dmitri is attempting to commit suicide by gas inhalation when Rory first meets him.
- Rory kidnaps Dmitri in order to save his life.
- Dmitri is set up by his employers to take the fall for the deaths of his coworkers on an archaeological dig (past event, recalled).
- Dmitri is thrown into jail on false charges.
- Both Rory and Dmitri are distant from their families due to disagreements with their respective fathers.
- Rory is captured during a heist and tortured.
Ian West had his summer all planned out — go down to Florida, stay in his family’s beach cottage on Olympic Cove, and work on his science fiction novel. But his plans get thrown for a loop when gorgeous twin sea gods Bythos and Aphros show up in the cove and inform him he’s their fated consort. As if that wasn’t enough, something in the Gulf of Mexico is turning mermaids into legendary monsters and gods into demons. Now, Ian not only has to navigate the complicated waters of a ménage relationship with twin sea gods, he also has to stop an insane deity and save the whole damn planet. No pressure.
- Ian’s wife died a year ago by the time the book starts.
- Ian is attacked by a poisoned mermaid and almost dies.
- Bythos becomes infected by Thetis and attacks Ian.
When too much tequila and an enabling BFF put Lily Nayar’s romance novel Feast of Lovers into the hands of its inspiration, sexy British actor Tom Morrison, Lily is horrified. Now she’s determined to get her book back, even if that means breaking into Tom’s hotel room to do it.
With the help of a strategic lie and a charismatic knight, Lily’s screwball plan catapults her into the middle of her very own Cinderella story, Hollywood style. But will a vengeful actress ruin Lily’s shot at a real life HEA with Tom?
- A racist mall cop demands to see Lily’s receipts and implies that she stole something.
- Lily has to deal with comments about her weight from an actress.
- A producer makes misogynistic and racist comments about Lily to Tom.
Delaney Smith, coyote shifter and Trickster Technologies executive, thinks humans are bland, boring, and undateable. So the last thing he expects is scenting his mate Mark Fellowes in the Trickster offices — a mate who is not only male, but quite human.
When Mark is attacked by thieves trying to steal company files, Delaney must put aside his preconceptions to protect his mate. But will a criminal who plans to destroy Trickster Tech separate them before he can stake his claim?
- Mark is attacked by two burglars.
Uniform Fetish: Manlove Edition (“Fine Dining”)
Does the sight of a cop’s badge—or his handcuffs—make your pulse race? Do you drive by your local firehouse just to catch a glimpse of your favorite fireman? Ever peek in the cockpit just to check out the captain? If you agree the only thing sexier than a man in uniform is a man out of uniform, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve handpicked an assortment of nine sizzling hot, uniformed heroes to satisfy your uniform fetish.
James Fairchild spends his days traveling as a buyer for a high-end NYC department store and his nights fantasizing about the elegant waiter Gustav from his favorite bistro. When events send a bowl of soup into his lap, James finds out that his waiter has more than just good service on his mind.
- Workplace Harassment (non-sexual)